Easter this year has been a little different but nice for us. We usually go and visit S's grandmas for Easter but this year we decided to stay home. It was a little frustrating to find an Easter Egg Hunt though. You wouldn't think that it would be all that hard but I started looking in the paper on Wednesday. The only hunt that was ever in the paper was the one at the mall and it sounded like it would have too many people there to be very fun. We just wanted a hunt at a park with a few eggs for the kids to run and get. So on Friday I drove around looking for a sign at one of the parks. There was nothing! The only sign I saw was on the corner at an intersection saying "Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday 9:00 a.m., Church lawn". Well there were 3 churches in a three block area of the sign. I drove to each church and none of them had a very big lawn area. So unless I didn't see another church in that area, that hunt wasn't very big or fun. So I called two different city offices and went to thier websites and even the library websites trying to find one. Nothing. I was getting a little nervous that this year we wouldn't be able to have an easter egg hunt. This wouldn't be a huge deal except we went without one last year. So finally I tried one more city website and bingo, there it was. An Easter Egg Hunt!

We got up early and went and froze. It was still pretty cold at 9 am. I am not a big fan of having Easter in March. I vote to move Easter to a specific Sunday in April so we at least have a semi- chance at the snow being melted. Luckily it has been warm enough the last couple of weeks to melt some of the snow. Anyway, the kids had a lot of fun and then were sad that they couldn't eat the "frozen" candy. That was the only thing that was a little different with this hunt was there wasn't any eggs. The entire hunt was for candy. Of course the kids didn't complain.
Later that day, everyone came to our house and colored eggs. This is always fun and no one spilled any of the dye. So it was a success. These eggs are used for the easter egg hunt that S's par

ents do every year. This year we colored 7 dozen. In past years we usually have about one dozen per person. I think the family is getting big enough that we got a little tired of coloring eggs last year, so we cut down a few dozen this year and it was perfect. So we are looking foward to going out and having another hunt. Easter is one of my favorite holidays.
4 comments:
I knew we could bring you over to the dark side! Hee hee
It will be fun to see your pictures and read about you guys...even though I can just drive 2 minutes to see you! :)
Some of us haven't seen you guys for about year. Depends if you came to Gma birthday or the reunion.
Thanks for going the blogging world.
Whoo-Hoo! Good to see you on board! Glad to see all is well.
Welcome to the blogging world!
Cindy
Post a Comment