Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The NEW me




I have never colored my hair in my entire life. I almost did when I turned 30 but chickened out. I am not really picky about my hair and I go a long time between hair cuts so I didn't want it to look funny with roots that needed to be done. But every once in a while I would look at someone's hair and think, "I would like my hair to look like that." With the help of my husband and sister-in-law, I decided to try it and get highlights.
Here I am before (don't pay attention to the basketball hoop behind my head)
Look how long my hair had gotten. (Jenney and I tried to figure out when the last time I had gotten my hair cut and we couldn't remember. So it had been a LONG time!)

So after dinner on Sunday, Jenney went to work.

This is after the highlights. Then Jenney cut my hair. I told her to take off about 6 inches. I was getting tired of laying on my hair.
Here I am after with just a fast blow dry.
The back

I wanted to see the difference between the before pic and after. Since I was wearing a barrette, I decided to see what I looked like.
Stephen says that you can see the difference better from the side. You really can see the difference.
Even though it is just a slight difference, I really like it. The biggest change I saw was on Monday, the day after. I decided to see what my hair looked like curled. Here it is. My hair has never curled very well and the curl usually falls out within a couple of hours. But I curled my hair and it stayed all day with only my usual amount of hairspray, which isn't very much. I was impressed.

Thanks Jenney! I love it!

There was some bleach left when I was done so Jenney gave Kylan some tips.


This was his first time doing anything like this to his hair too. It is subtle but he really likes it!


7 comments:

Mamalissa said...

You look awesome! Moms deserve some pampering every once in awhile. Is Jen going to beauty school or is it just a hobby?

I have only gotten highlights once and I went with a red tint and loved it. But like you I am hesitant to continue doing it all the time. But with a built in stylist it might work out.

Stephen and Heather said...

Jenney went to beauty school while she was pregnant with Kandie. So it has been 4 or 5 years. She is really good because she is a perfectionist. Right now she is working at JCPenneys. She loves doing hair but it is hard to make money doing it.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Your hair turned out soooo cute! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

whitworth.crew said...

Love the hair, the curls are so cute!!! I love just a little color!!

Brady&Wendy said...

It looks so good!

Ann said...

You look great!

All the Angles said...

I have dyed my hair for years but now I HAVE TO because the gray is starting to show sooner. Wish I had a beautician that was related to me and lived close by! Jealous!!
You look FABULOUS!!!