Monday, July 7, 2008

Holiday weekend

We had so much fun this weekend. It started on Thursday night the 3rd. We had a small bbque at our house that was really good then we headed over to our favorite spot to watch the fireworks.


We are waiting for the fireworks to start and enjoying our treats



The kids were so cute laying there and watching the fireworks. Everyone enjoyed them.



Then Friday we headed out to the in laws for some really good dinner and more fireworks.



After dinner we started the night with one of our favorite treats - smores


Beck enjoying his smore


Then before it got too dark we started the sparklers for the kids. They all had a lot of fun as usual.


More sparkling fun


Everyone was ready for the real show to start and it was finally dark enough. So...



On the flasher fireworks there were a few who wanted to dance.


One of our many fireworks.


What a mess we made.


When we were done we all climbed into our tents which we set up in the backyard and tried to sleep.

We had so much fun and not much sleep that Saturday we had to take it easy. We spent most of the day at home just relaxing. I love long weekends. Time to have fun and relax.

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

you slept in a tent? Were you at home or still at Debbie's?

Stephen and Heather said...

We "camped" at the in laws. It has been a while since I have slept in a tent. I don't really enjoy it. I enjoy the other camping stuff but not the sleeping in the tent. The kids begged us and Stephen talked me into it saying it wouldn't be that bad. I am not sure if I even got 1 hour of sleep that night between the tossing and turning and kids not wanting to sleep and everything. I think Stephen did as well as I did so hopefully the camping we do will be in our living room for a while (at least until the younger kids are a little older)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That was a fun weekend...and I was really glad that we had time for naps on Saturday, I think mine was 3 hours long!

Our Crazy Family said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. So many neat things you guys get to do with the inlaws. I think it is neat.