After Twilight I needed something to read and think about. Stephenie Meyers (Twilight author) recommended a book on her website that she said she couldn't stop reading. So I wanted to check it out. It took a few weeks for my library to get because it was a brand new book. I checked it out as soon as it came in and both Stephen and I loved it. We can't wait until the next book comes out. It is called "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. If you have a hard time with patience you might want to wait until the next book comes out because it is one of those books that as soon as you are done you can't wait for more of the story. (like Twilight was for me) Anyway, I highly recommend it. I also think that it would make a great movie.

After reading The Hunger Games I checked out another one of Suzanne Collins books to see if I would like it as much. It is called Gregor the Overlander. It is a little bit of a younger book (my 10 year old probably would like it) but I also liked it. (not as much as the Hunger Games). Stephen also read it and liked it. We are onto the second one in the series. (Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane). Anyway, if you or one of your kids are looking for a good read, I would recommend these books. They are a good read.
1 comment:
I just got the HUnger games and am about to read it! I will let you know!
Hey I just read a book you might like. It's called The Ladies Auxiliary by Tova Mirvis
It was a good book but it was chosen by an Enrichment night book group, we are discussing it next week.
Read it and then we can talk about why I feel it should not have been read in a church group.
<3 Wendy
Post a Comment