Wednesday, April 22, 2009

School picture dilemma

I buy school pictures every fall.
The school then has a less formal picture that they take in the spring. They take the picture and send them home and then you can choose if you want to buy them or not. Any of you that have children in school know this situation all too well.
Anyway, every year I tell myself that I am not going to buy the spring pictures because we just bought school pictures a few months before. This is why they take the picture and then send it home and then you have to pay because if I had to pay first I would always not get the spring pictures. Anyway, some years I give in and buy them, some years I do not.
This year we have 2 kids in school, therefore, two picture packages. I, once again, told myself that I wasn't going to buy these pictures. The kids brought their pictures home the other day and oh they are sooo cute. We don't really have the money but how do I give back such cute pictures of my kids? We could probably find the money, I mean it won't put us over the edge but they are so expensive.
I know that you can't see these pictures but know that they are super cute. What do you think? What should I do?
I am sure that I will buy them because I have little will power when it comes to things like this. I figure kids are only this age once and when I am old I am going to want to look at these cute pictures and all of the memories they will hold for me.

5 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so glad that my boys' school doesn't do spring pictures, or I'd be in the same predicament! I'd probably end up buying them too...like you said, they're only this age once. :)

Karen said...

Scan them into the computer and you can still use them digially then give them back. :) Is that illegal? I think it is a good idea. I worked at a copy place and tons of people would jsut come and color copy their kids pictures and then give them back. I think the whole thing is silly. My mom always had the same delima.

Melanie Draper said...

You know me, I buy them every year.

WILD Walker's said...

I have the same problem. I just bought pictures this time again. Darrin was smiling in this one. I just had to. I can't help you on your problem because I have the same one. One package is enough but how do you know what one to buy....hard to decide if the first one was better and you didn't get them. AHHHH

Mamalissa said...

Here is my problem... I buy the pictures and then they just sit in the envelope! I still haven't hung Jonah's baby pictures and the more recent photos come back next week.

If you will post/hang them and enjoy them then I say buy them. If they will just be for scrapbooking purposes then don't give into the temptation. (you can take cute pictures any time)