Tuesday, September 15, 2009

4th of July part 2

We really did do quite a bit this summer but you wouldn't know it from my blog. Between what we did and my school I didn't get much time on the blog. I know that it is September now and we are into school and it is starting to turn fall but I haven't finished posting what we did during the summer. So I will try and get caught up before the holidays are here.
Another one of our favorite things about the 4th of July is the fireworks at the stadium. We don't go into the stadium because of our kids ages. We figure in a couple of years when Gavin is older and hopefully starts enjoying the fireworks more we will spend the money and go inside the stadium. Although I like the fireworks from where we sit and watch them. My kids can run around and play before the fireworks start and then it is just a few minutes drive home without the traffic that the stadium will have.
We usually get a few Little Caesars pizzas and treats and just hang out until the fireworks start. This year we brought some glow-sticks. The kids loved playing with these and it kept them entertained until it got dark.
Here they are in one of their funny poses.


Now here is the pose without the flash.


Gavin saw the kids doing this pose and wanted to do one of his own.

The kids love laying in their sleeping bag and watching the fireworks.

I thought this firework looked cool. Part way through the fireworks the kids got excited and started dancing to the music. (The fireworks are put to music which we listen to on our car radio.)

More fireworks.

Like always the show was good and we all enjoyed the fireworks!

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That was fun. You got some awesome photos.

Karen said...

Great post! It does not matter how far after an event happens until you blog about it. We love to read about them anyways. I love the pictures.