Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had a fun Halloween this year. The kids loved dressing up and getting all the candy. And I think that we got more candy than usual.
The kids schools' had dress-up day on Friday but Kylan couldn't wear his costume to school because of no capes or masks, which was what his costume was. So he decided to combine a few things that we had at the house and go as a redneck.




The kids and I helped at Hunter's class party and it was fun to see the kids' excitement and their costumes.

Saturday we had the Draper family Halloween party.
Everyone was so cute in their costumes.
Beck was so excited to wear Newt's cowboy clothes that he let us borrow.
Cowboys Beck and Matthew
Gavin Lion
Snow White Kandie with cowboy Beck
I made my witch's brew.
And we ate worms.
And beetles.
And eyeballs.
After putting together a picture.

And playing a couple of games

We had our traditional pinata.

Youngest to oldest.

Gavin Lion

Snow White Kandie

Cowboy Beck

Cowboy Matthew

Harry Potter Hunter

Ninja Turtle Austin

Scooby Doo Ethan

Skeleton Kylan

Pretty Jenney

Cowboy Newt

Cinderella Shauntae

Shaggy Nick

Witch Heather

Cute Stephen

CANDY!

Thanks grandma for the fun party.


After the pinata we headed inside and had a witch's brew float. This is the best there is.

Next we headed to a trunk or treat at Nick and Shauntae's church.


After that we went regular trick or treating. We had not done this for many years. My kids loved it and I think it has now become something that we have to do every year.


Halloween '09

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That was such a fun day. We all had a blast. And you're right...the door to door trick or treat is definitely going to be a tradition!

Mamalissa said...

Looks so fun. Its nice to so many of you live close and can play so often. Loved all the costumes too. I was wondering if your family did an entry in the pumpkin walk this year. I really miss going since it was a tradition of our family also. If gas wasn't so much I might still have made it. :) Happy Fall!!!