Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Tag

Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate all the way. I am not a big fan of eggnog except I did like my mom's homemade eggnog growing up. I used to even prefer hot cider over hot chocolate until Stephen's hot chocolate came out with all of their different flavors. It is soooo goooood.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?
Wrapped. Who just has them set under the tree? Christmas morning would take like .2 seconds if you didn't have to open your presents. That is part of the fun to see the pile of presents and try and guess what they might be.

Colored lights on tree or white?
Colored lights on the tree (I love my pre-lit tree)

When do you put your decorations up?
Thanksgiving weekend

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Raviolis of course!

Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
We always spent Christmas Eve at my grandparents that lived close to us. My grandma would make all sorts of homemade candy and dipped chocolates and oh see what you did...now I am missing my family. Anyway, we always had a lot of good food and family. The grandkids would always put on a nativity scene for everyone and then we would gather around my grandparents Christmas tree and would each open some gifts that my grandpa would hand out.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, we open family gifts Christmas Eve. Then Santa Christmas morning. This is something that my parents started when I was growing up. The kids weren't as appreciative of the family gifts when they were mixed up with the Santa gifts.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We each get to pick out a new ornament each year so our tree has lights and then all of our ornaments from each year. We used to put different plain colored balls on the tree also but we have enough ornaments now that we just use the ones that we have gotten every year.

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Growing up I loved the snow and didn't care that it was cold. But now I don't like the cold or driving in it or the ice on the roads. I think that it is really pretty and do like to play in it occasionally. So, neither. I think that I would miss it if I lived where it didn't snow. If it could snow just in our yards and not the road or sidewalks, I would be happy. And oh, I forgot, I hate, hate, hate shoveling it. So, maybe I am leaning toward the dread part.

Can you ice skate?
No, I actually have never tried and don't plan on it. Sad that I don't take advantage of the ice arena just a couple of blocks from me. Growing up there was an area behind our house that would freeze over and we would skate around with just our shoes, but that doesn't count.

Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don't have a specific favorite gift. I don't think that I have ever gotten something that I didn't like. I am pretty easy to please. When I start thinking about it, I have had a lot of good, favorite gifts every year from when I was little to including last year.

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The focus on Christ and the emphasis on selfless giving.(this was Shauntae's answer but I agree) It is just a time to remember what this life really is about and I love the feeling of love and giving that most people have at this time.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Almond Roca, not sure why this is a holiday dessert because you can get it all year round. I just usually get it for Christmas and with the price of it that is the only time we have it.

What is your favorite tradition?
I can't pick one so I will tell you a couple. The first one is the same as Shauntae.
We open our gifts one at a time. It's nice to see each individual reaction plus makes Christmas morning last a little longer. It makes all the work and time that has gone into this morning worth it.
Second, I love to look at Christmas lights. I love driving around this time of the year and looking at all of the lights.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving?
Definitely giving. I love to watch people open gifts.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Little Drummer Boy

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum

Ever recycled a Christmas present?
No

There you go, now you know a little bit more about me and our Christmas traditions.

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

You're such a good sport for doing this! :)