Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year, A New Church Time

After church today

Today was the first Sunday of the New Year. We had the 1 o'clock last year and let me tell you, it was a struggle. It is hard to go to church so late in the day especially when you have little ones that need naps. We spent a lot of the year in the halls with Gavin.

Today we started the 9 o'clock church. It was great! We all got up and ready and went. Although I know that it will be a struggle sometimes to get up and ready on time, it will be so much better this year.

Today was also Beck's first day in Primary. His teacher needed a little bit of help during the first part while they were switching teachers and classes and rooms and all of that fun stuff so I volunteered to sit with his class. I was very proud of how Beck just went in and sat with his class and participated during singing and sharing time. He has a lot of fun and loves that he is a big kid like his older brothers.

Today was also Gavin's first day in nursery. Can I just say "YEA"? Stephen went with him this first time since Gavin was a little hesitant. Stephen said that about half way through he started warming up and having fun. So I hope this means that he will love it and we can just drop him off and not worry about peeling him from our legs while he cries. Gavin really liked snack time. Stephen said that Gavin finished his snacks and started helping the others eat their snacks. We will have to work on that. Maybe this has something to do with being the littlest at our house. The funniest thing is, we don't have many broken crayons at our house right now because we bought quite a few new boxes at the beginning of the school year. When we got the new boxes we threw away the old broken crayons. I guess while Gavin was coloring in nursery every time he came across a broken crayon he said "uh, oh" and threw the crayon away in the garbage. This is another thing that we will have to work on. Stephen retrieved a few of them but we might have to donate one of our boxes to the nursery.

Another thing that I can't believe is that Kylan moved to the Valiant 11 boys class. I guess I didn't realize how close he is to leaving Primary. I know that he has this year left but it is getting close. He only has this year and a few more months. It is crazy.

Anyway, I vote to stay on this schedule. Whoever decided that the 1 o'clock church was a good idea didn't have little ones.

3 comments:

Melanie Draper said...

I don't even know why they have a one o'clock schedule, it's the worst time ever! We start at 10:00 which I think is the perfect time, it's not too early and not too late.
That's too cute about Gavin in nursery, I'd throw away the broken crayons too.

Ann said...

In Boston our ward always met at 1:00. We did not rotate each year because many members in the ward live so far away from the church and we also had a member in the ward that was in a car accident that was paralized from the neck down that come not make it to the church for the earlier meeting. Me had a hard time are first but after a while we really grow to love it; but our youngest was 6.

I love the story about Gavin throwing the crayons away. I's interesting to see what little ones are learning when we do not realize it.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so glad that we don't have the 1 o'clock time anymore...that was truly a trial of faith for me!