Monday, January 19, 2009

Why I needed to break the Sabbath and why I am going to go broke because of it.

My family is sick. I had to run to the store because we used all of the Children's Tylenol that we had. I got a little sick about a week ago. It didn't hit me full on but I felt it coming and luckily fought it off without getting too bad (I was still able to work). My family didn't get so lucky. Stephen started not feeling well about Thursday and was really bad Friday with fever and chills and sore throat and cough and all of it. I had to take Friday night off of work to watch the kids and in January that is a big deal. Everyone else was good until Saturday late afternoon, Kylan and Beck started not feeling very well right before I had to leave for work. Then Sunday morning Hunter was sick also. So, I left them all home with a movie to watch while I went to church to play the piano for RS. We had almost a full bottle of Children's Tylenol Saturday morning but with three kids sick with fever and all of it we ran out Sunday afternoon. I don't feel bad about it though. It is one of those things that had to be done. I just am going to go broke because of how expensive the medicine is and I am going to have to go get some more soon again. Stephen felt well enough to go to work today but the kids are still lounged out on the couch with fevers and coughs. I have had a weekend of bringing water, juice, popsicles, soup and whatever else 3 kids and a husband has needed. Luckily, Gavin hasn't gotten it and hopefully he won't. Even though I am not sick and we had a lazy weekend, I am tired. Hopefully with everyone sick at the same time will mean that it will be a while until we are sick again.

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Oh man, that sucks! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Melanie Draper said...

You're going to laugh, but after I got off the phone with you Calvin said that he was feeling better after his deep sleep. Anyway, after dinner he went upstairs to watch TV in his room. A few minutes later he came downstairs with vomit all over him. He threw up all over his bed, the floor, and TV stand. It was so gross, and of course guess who had to clean it up. So he's home today sick in bed and missing his field trip with his class.