Thursday, June 26, 2008

I can start being a mom again

Oh my gosh! I have not been a very good mom or wife this last week. I have heard of the Stephenie Meyer's books and at first I wasn't very interested. I didn't think that I would really enjoy a vampire love story. I am not really into all the vampire stuff but one of my friends from work talked me into reading Twilight(her first book of the series). Oh my gosh I am surprised at how much I liked it. I don't have a lot of time to read so it usually takes me a few months to get through a book but I had this book done in a couple of days. Then I couldn't wait to read more and my sweet husband bought me the second book(New Moon) and I was done in a couple of days. I just finished the last book(Eclipse) last night and I am going crazy until I can read her 4th book that is due out in August. I have not met one person that has read these books and not loved them, I am talking about love not like, LOVE. And then there is a movie coming out in December. Tooo long to wait. But I guess I can try and keep busy until then - paying more attention to my cute kids and sweet husband and dirty house. Anyway, I was wondering if these books have the same effect on men as women. As I said before I have not met one person that hasn't loved these books but they have all been women. These books are written from a girl's perspective. So I am making my husband read Twilight to see if he enjoys it as much as I did. We will have to see.

6 comments:

Melanie Draper said...

Well I know my 'domestic' duties will be put on hold when my copy gets here. Jeremy was laughing at me the other day when I had said that I needed to read this book after I spoke with you. Maybe he'll read it too.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Nick has started reading Twilight too, and I'm about to start New Moon. Maybe now Nick & Stephen can add talking about Twilight to their work conversations. ;)
BTW, I think we should have some kind of crazy-fan get-together the night that the new book comes out. You know, like how Nick and Stephen were about the Star Wars movies? We should find out if any of the local stores are doing anything. :)

Stephen and Heather said...

Melanie - I can't wait until you read it to see what you think and talk to you about it.

Shauntae - sounds good. Stephen is almost done with the first book. Of course, as I predicted- he isn't liking it as much as I did. He thinks the lovey dovey scenes are lame. He thinks I am crazy, but I plan on buying the 4th book as soon as it comes out and then in December I plan on going to see the movie in the theater.(I don't do that very often) Stephen thinks I will be disappointed but we will have to see. I hope not. I know that it won't be as good as the book but I hope that it still is good. I just have to decide if I want to go with Stephen to see it or if I am going to go with friends.

All the Angles said...

I think it is mostly for women. Doug refuses to read it. Not interested in Vampires at all. Of course he hates Bram Stroker's Dracula also.
I am so with you all! LOVE these books!! Love how she puts you right in the adventure, the danger and the heat!
The Host is amazing also!! I hope it continues on!!
Love, Wendy

Mama Bear said...

I read it first when it came out and emailed everyone at work that it's a must read. No believed me until the 3rd book came out and now they are all like "look what I've discovered?" LOL

Edward or Jake??? which one do I want to win her heart?

I also have a male co-worker who is reading it to see what all the woman are "swooning" about. He doesn't seem to care for it.

Stephen and Heather said...

Update - Stephen finished the first book and thought that it was ok. He didn't like it as much as the girls have liked it but he did think that it was an ok book. He is now reading the second book and I can tell that he likes it better than the first. He actually admitted that he thinks that the movie will be a good one.