We are also so proud of Kylan for all of his hard work this year. He is one of those kids that comes straight home and opens his backpack and gets his homework done first thing. Rarely have I needed to remind him to get his homework done. He usually doesn't ask for any help, which means he is paying attention in school. This year he received several awards for his hard work. One of them was the medallion award. To receive this award you had to achieve 90-100% in all subjects, including math, reading, writing, spelling, social studies, science, ROAR and citizenship. Not very many kids received this award in the 4th grade but Kylan was one of the few. We are so proud of our awesome kid. He achieved every goal that he had set for the year. I remember at the first parent teacher conference when he told his teacher his goals, she hesitated and told him that they were going to be hard to achieve. She said that she would write them down for now and that we would re-evaluate them at the next conference. By the next conference he had achieved all most all of them and set some new ones. Again, I remember his teacher was hesitate on his reading goal saying it was going to be really tough to accomplish it by the end of the school year. She wrote it down telling him to try his hardest but to not get discouraged if he didn't quite get it done. Once again he finished his goal. We are sooooo proud of him.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Last day of school
Today was Kylan's last day of 4th grade. I always get excited along with the kids for summer but I also get a little sad. I can't believe how fast the year goes every year and I am sad that Kylan isn't going to have his same teacher again. We have been very lucky that I have loved every one of Kylan's teachers. They have all been perfect for Kylan. Here is Kylan and his 4th grade teacher.

We are also so proud of Kylan for all of his hard work this year. He is one of those kids that comes straight home and opens his backpack and gets his homework done first thing. Rarely have I needed to remind him to get his homework done. He usually doesn't ask for any help, which means he is paying attention in school. This year he received several awards for his hard work. One of them was the medallion award. To receive this award you had to achieve 90-100% in all subjects, including math, reading, writing, spelling, social studies, science, ROAR and citizenship. Not very many kids received this award in the 4th grade but Kylan was one of the few. We are so proud of our awesome kid. He achieved every goal that he had set for the year. I remember at the first parent teacher conference when he told his teacher his goals, she hesitated and told him that they were going to be hard to achieve. She said that she would write them down for now and that we would re-evaluate them at the next conference. By the next conference he had achieved all most all of them and set some new ones. Again, I remember his teacher was hesitate on his reading goal saying it was going to be really tough to accomplish it by the end of the school year. She wrote it down telling him to try his hardest but to not get discouraged if he didn't quite get it done. Once again he finished his goal. We are sooooo proud of him.
We are also so proud of Kylan for all of his hard work this year. He is one of those kids that comes straight home and opens his backpack and gets his homework done first thing. Rarely have I needed to remind him to get his homework done. He usually doesn't ask for any help, which means he is paying attention in school. This year he received several awards for his hard work. One of them was the medallion award. To receive this award you had to achieve 90-100% in all subjects, including math, reading, writing, spelling, social studies, science, ROAR and citizenship. Not very many kids received this award in the 4th grade but Kylan was one of the few. We are so proud of our awesome kid. He achieved every goal that he had set for the year. I remember at the first parent teacher conference when he told his teacher his goals, she hesitated and told him that they were going to be hard to achieve. She said that she would write them down for now and that we would re-evaluate them at the next conference. By the next conference he had achieved all most all of them and set some new ones. Again, I remember his teacher was hesitate on his reading goal saying it was going to be really tough to accomplish it by the end of the school year. She wrote it down telling him to try his hardest but to not get discouraged if he didn't quite get it done. Once again he finished his goal. We are sooooo proud of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whoo-hoo for you Ky! Hope you have a really fun summer.
Wow Ky, good job! We're looking forward to a fun summer with you. :)
Post a Comment