Thursday, August 28, 2008

First days of school

School has officially started for both Kylan and Hunter. Kylan started school last week and the fun "newness"(I know that isn't a word) has worn off. He enjoys school but wishes he didn't have to go everyday(like probably every other kid his age). I can't believe that Kylan is in 5th grade. He is growing up so fast! He is such a great kid though. I have missed him and all of his help with the younger kids this last week.

Kylan on his first day of 5th grade


Hunter started kindergarten today. He has been so excited to go to school and be big like Kylan. He got a little nervous last night before bed but when he woke up this morning he couldn't wait to get to school. I was a little nervous because he had a little bit of a problem with church and primary until he got comfortable with his teachers. So I was a little nervous that he would have some anxiety for the first few days because he didn't know his teacher very well. Luckily we went last week and met his teacher and saw his classroom so that must have helped. Plus he is a little older and Kylan has said nothing but good things about school to him to get him ready for it.

Hunter his first day of Kindergarten


When I went and picked Hunter up he had already made a few friends. He was really excited that a couple of kids from church were in his class and then he said that he has a couple of new friends. He had a blast and talked for a half an hour on what they did. It was really cute... they made their own pirate hats and went on a treasure hunt. They also played bingo, learned all of the rules and lots of other stuff. He was really excited too that they got recess and he saw some of his other friends from church and the neighborhood. I am so glad that he liked his first day of school. What was funny this morning is that I let Hunter pick his first day outfit and on the way to school I realized that he was wearing a Star Wars shirt, had a Star Wars back pack and his binder that he needed for his class had a Star Wars sticker on it. His teacher probably thought that we are obsessed with Star Wars.

Hunter with his pirate hat

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

They're such cuties. I love Hunter's Pirate Hook finger! :D