Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Math Fun

I am one of those people who enjoy math. I always have. When I started college I actually was majoring in Math. Most people don't feel the same way that I do about math. Anyway, I found a couple of fun things to do with math.

A fun little math problem
*Take your age
*Multiply it by 7
*Multiply that answer by 1443
*Your age show up over and over

Did you know?
This would have helped a lot while I was in school-why didn't anyone let me in on this little secret?

To find the answer of a two digit number multiplied by 11 all you have to do is take the number, add the two digits together and then put that new number in the middle. For example 24 x 11. You add 2 and 4 which is 6 and then you put the 6 in between the 2 and 4. So the answer to 24 x 11 is 264.
If the answer when you add the two digits of the number together is another two digit number you put the second digit in the middle and add the first digit to the first digit of the first number. A little confusing? Another example: 75 x 11, 7 + 5 = 12 so add the first digits 7+1=8, then put the second number in the middle like before, so the answer to 75x11=825.

No comments: