Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Walk - lots of pictures

We love the Pumpkin Walk. It is a fun tradition. A few years ago (2003) we decided to do a scene in the Pumpkin Walk. We did a Star Wars scene. It was a lot of fun. We did another scene in 2006 (Chicago Cubs scene) and then again this year we did another scene. You can pick almost any subject you want and then you just have to use your creativity and pumpkins or squash to make the scene. I was really impressed this year with some of the scenes. This year's theme is "Calling All Heroes"



A cute fireman scene



An awesome underwater-Jacques Cousteau scene



A creative scene of Moses parting the Red Sea



A really cute fishing scene..it is really hard to see in this picture but there is water running out of one of the pumpkins into the pumpkin pond. And there were really cute fish that were made out of squash.



Micheal Phelps Olympic scene



Incredibles



Youth soccer



Veggie Tales



Cute flowers made out of squash


A turkey made out of a pumpkin and squash


Cute little pigs made out of pumpkins


A cat and mice made out of pumpkins


A peacock made out of squash


A cute horse made out of a pumpkin


I really liked this spider and porcupine



THIS WAS MY FAVORITE SCENE THAT WE DIDN'T MAKE - I really liked how creative they were with the pumpkins. This is exactly what the pumpkin walk is about.



Noah's Ark - there are several parts of this scene that I loved. One of my favorites is the elephant's rear ends.


Another part of the Noah Ark's scene


Another part of the Noah Ark's scene


There is always cool pumpkins in a barn at the end of the pumpkin walk. There is always really well carved pumpkins. This year there were really creative ones in part of it.


This frog scene was made out of beans glued to a form


This was part of the frog/bean scene. It was really neat to see how creative people are.


These were really cool. Some of the local highschool students made these pictures out of cereal.


Sorry this picture is blurry but you can see some of the cereal pictures.

I get to go back to the Pumpkin Walk on a Field Trip with Hunter's school class. He is so excited to show his class our scene.

3 comments:

Mamalissa said...

I remember that first 2003 Star Wars scene. I was with my friends and when I read your card I said "Hey I know those people! We are family". I also saw your Cubs scene and was a little envious that you guys do cool stuff like that :)

All the Angles said...

Thank for sharing!! I feel like I just went on the pumpkin walk! How fun !!! Hey do you have pictures of your Star Wars and Cubs scenes you did? I'd love to see them!
<3 Wendy

Ann said...

My kids favorite was Larry Boy. Thanks for sharing all if it.